The first step of this program is a modified fast for three-to-five days. A minimum of three days is required for best results.
During the fast, do not take any supplements. Limit
your dietary intake to a drink that is made up of freshly
squeezed lime and/or lemon (with pulp), water, organic maple
syrup (grade B is preferred), and brewed green tea
(optional). Take sips of the
drink every 10-15 minutes throughout the day. You should expect to feel the need to urinate frequently. Sipping the drink in this manner is critical for the success of the program. If you are insulin dependent or are on medication that does not allow you to
fast, then avoid step one and start with step two. Any fast must be conducted under the care of a trained medical professional.
The drink consists of the following: the juice and pulp of lemons and/or limes and maple syrup (optional—can add green tea mixed with water). Exact proportions are not important and will likely be dictated by individual taste. A general starting point that works for many people is a combination of approximately 10 lemons and limes (ie, 5 lemons, 5 limes), 2-4 tablespoons of Grade B maple syrup, and 5-6 green tea bags (brewed separately) per gallon of water.
This program’s rationale and the ingredients are as follows:
- Lemon/lime juice – Many people who are seeking to support their metabolism have a slight acidic nature. Lemons and limes may have an alkalizing effect on the body. The quantity of lemon/lime juice is not important, nor is the ratio of lemons to limes.
Fresh-squeezed produce is recommended during this program. Pre-squeezed, store-bought lemon juice may not produce the desired results. Organic produce is recommended, but not necessary.
- Maple syrup – People who are seeking to support a healthy blood sugar balance should support consistent and steady glucose levels to help support normal physiology. The addition of maple syrup, when sipped every 10-15 minutes, provides the body with a steady supply of simple sugar that may help support healthy blood sugar levels. If you deviate from taking sips every 10-15 minutes, there is a strong likelihood that glucose levels would become erratic and thereby negate the benefits of this program. Therefore, it is critical to start this program during a time when you will not have interruptions in your ability to sip the drink in the manner prescribed.
Additionally, organic Grade B maple syrup is the preferred grade, as it can have a slightly more robust flavor than other grades, making it less necessary to mask the tartness of the lemons/limes.
- Green tea – Compounds in green tea have been shown to support healthy serum triglyceride levels and healthy levels of liver lipids, both of which are associated with healthy metabolism. Proposed mechanisms for these benefits include supporting hormone-sensitive lipase and adipose triglyceride lipase, while also minimizing lipoprotein lipase and fatty acid synthase. Organic green tea is recommended, but it is not necessary for success with this program.
(Please note: Hot green tea can be consumed at any point during the three-to-five day modified fast.)
Goals for the Fast
The primary goal of the program is to sip the lemon/lime drink every 10-15 minutes to maintain a steady flow of glucose into the system.
The secondary goal of the program is to minimize the intake of antigens. Many times, people seeking to support healthy metabolic function are overly sensitive to many foods due to an overactivation of the TH-2 aspect of their immune system. Completely eliminating food antigens may help calm their overactive neuroendocrine-immune system.
If you truly become hungry to the point of breaking the fast prematurely, you are permitted to eat one vegetable that you rarely eat (eg, Brussels sprouts, kale), raw or steamed, without any seasonings. This is to keep the antigenic load to a minimum during the modified fast and to maximize the benefits of this program.
The strict limitation of food is important,
because you’re trying to decrease the antigen load to your immune system.
Many people who have their neuroendocrine-immune system up-regulated are
sensitive to the foods that they eat most often. The goal of the
original three days is not to decrease calories, but rather to decrease the
antigenic load. The reason lime and lemon juice is used is due to its alkalinizing properties.
STEP 2—THE CLEARVITE™ PROGRAM
After successful completion of the modified fast, you can now begin the ClearVite™ Program as outlined in the ClearVite™ Program brochure. Be sure to read the ClearVite™ Program brochure and make sure that you have the proper groceries at home to comply
with the program. Remember: “Organic is best.”
The purpose of Step 2 is to maintain the benefits attained during the modified fast, while providing important nutritional support for the neuroendocrine-immune system. This is accomplished through a strict, three-week elimination diet and is supported nutritionally with ClearVite-SF™ (K24).
The three-week elimination diet is designed to help you in a number of ways. Firstly, it can help you avoid commonly antigenic foods that might otherwise cause inflammation and blood sugar issues, including adrenal gland physiology. Secondly, by eating a whole-food diet, you will likely have an easier time consuming glycemically balanced meals, which can support a healthy blood sugar balance. Lastly, after the three-week elimination diet, many people report having an improved relationship with food and find it easier to comply with a healthy diet.
ClearVite-SF™ (K24) is used during this phase of the program to nutritionally support certain metabolic processes while eliminating certain foods. ClearVite-SF™ (K24) contains compounds and nutrients that have been shown to support the following systems:
- Hepatobiliary: ClearVite-SF™ (K24) contains a number of nutrients that have been shown to support healthy phase I and phase II liver detoxification. Healthy liver function is important in metabolizing hormones, antibodies, inflammatory cytokines, chemicals, and other compounds.
- Gastrointestinal (GI): ClearVite-SF™ (K24) contains a number of nutrients, as well as beneficial bacteria, which can help nutritionally support healthy gastrointestinal function. Clients seeking to support healthy metabolic function can benefit from a healthy gastrointestinal system.
- Immune: ClearVite-SF™ (K24) also contains a number of compounds known to support a healthy immune system, including supporting a healthy neuroendocrine system. Clients seeking to support healthy metabolic function can benefit from a healthy immune system.
Elimination Diet During the ClearVite™ Cleanse
In addition to the elimination diet and ClearVite-SF™ (K24) drink, it will be important for you to have support from friends and family during this program. This can often be the factor that determines a person’s success or failure. A discussion about your
program should occur with your family members and spouse so they can be
supportive during the program. Many times, spouses and family members will
unconsciously try to sabotage family members during the program and it helps
to be prepared to discuss the issue if it arises.
Preparing foods ahead of time is another success factor. Knowing what foods can be eaten and having these options available to them at all times greatly increases the likelihood of success.
The elimination diet may cause some people to experience uncomfortable reactions, such as skin outbreaks, anxiety, GI irritation, or nausea, to name a few. While these are rare, it is possible that these may arise from too much nutritional support, and you should discuss reducing your servings of ClearVite-SF™ (K24) with
your healthcare professional. It is very unlikely that you will have sensitivities to
ClearVite-SF™ (K24) since it is a high-quality hypoallergenic formula; therefore,
cutting down the servings is usually all
that is required. If you are being supported with additional supplements and
an adverse reaction occurs, speak with your healthcare professional, and he or she may have
you stop taking all of them and reintroduce them back one at a time at ½
the original amount. It may not be that you are sensitive to the supplements,
but rather your metabolism is being impacted too aggressively. However, most
people will never encounter adverse reactions.
The final phase of this program is to reintroduce foods one-by-one. This is most easily accomplished by choosing one food from the “Foods to Avoid” list, eating it for one day, and then monitoring symptoms for the next two days while maintaining the same diet you have been following for the last three weeks. Keep a dietary journal and take
notice of any symptoms when you reintroduce food groups back into your diet.
Remember: Don't undo all of your hard work with processed foods, sugars,
junk foods, and sodas! You've just cleaned out your system and filling it up
with those kinds of foods will only counteract the benefits of this
It is important to restate that, during the reintroduction phase of this program, you will remain on the elimination diet you have been following for the past three weeks and will only reintroduce one new food every three days. If, after three days, you have not experienced any negative reactions to the new food, you may try reintroducing another food to your diet for one day and monitoring symptoms for the next three days. This process can be repeated as many times as is necessary, until all suspected foods have been reintroduced.
It is important for you to note how you feel at the end of the
ClearVite™ Program. If you feel dramatically better, you probably suffered
from multiple food sensitivities and your gastrointestinal-immune system was
up-regulated. If you feel no improvement with your digestion, speak with
your doctor about options for further investigation. If you feel better at
the end of the ClearVite™ Program and food sensitivities were identified, but
continued support needs to be provided to calm down your neuroendocrine-immune
axis, you can repeat the limeaid fast for three-to-five days, followed by
the two-week ClearVite™ Program every two-to-three months under the care of a
trained medical professional.
Adjunct Support During the ClearVite™ Program (A healthcare professional must determine which of
these products you need.)
Incorporated during Step 2 and 3
1. GLYSEN™ (K01): 2-4 capsules three times a day with meals
2. OMEGACO3™ (K07): 2 tablespoons, two times a day with or without meals
3. FIBROMIN™ (K25:) 2 capsules 3 times a day with or without meals
4. PROTOGLYSEN™ (K28): 2 capsules 3 times a day with meals
5. ADAPTOCRINE™ (K02): 2 capsules 3 times a day with or without meals
6. ADRENACALM™ (K16), (K73): Apply one pump topically in the morning, afternoon, and evening, or as directed.
7. OXICELL® (K22), (K70): ¼ teaspoon 3 times a day
Fasting: Click Here
Statements and health
claims on website have not been evaluated by the
Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent
Apex Energetics Inc.
16592 Hale Ave.
Irvine, CA 92606
Toll Free Order: 800-736-4381,
Toll Free Fax Order: 888-286-1676